Ohhhh Chimichurri Sauce, the mystery herb sauce that is so delicious on steak, but isn’t really all that hard to make! The secrets to chimichurri are unlocked in today’s post so you can always have a fresh batch in the fridge to top off that weekday salad or to bring with you at your next grill out session!
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Jalapeno (de-pit if you don't want it too spicy)
- ¼ cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 2 tsp Basil
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ⅔ cup Olive Oil
- Cut off the steams and bad leaves from the parsley and cilantro and place in a blender or food processor.
- Pour in red wine vinegar, juice from lemon and lime with chopped jalapeno, onion and coriander, basil, salt, pepper into the blender.
- Add half of the olive oil and start blending. Add the rest until all the contents are throughly mixed.
- Put in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
The great thing about this sauce is that it is completely make ahead! You throw everything into the blender and let it marinate in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Let’s start with those fresh herbs, I got mine from the local grocery store but bonus points for home grown cilantro and parsley!
Look at that healthy goodness you will be putting on top of your flank steak in a short bit!!
Toss that yumminess into the blender!
Remember to take out the seeds if you don’t like it too spicy
She’s ready to go!! (Make sure to put the lid on first though )
All nice and blended, ready to go into the fridge for a bit and get even more flavorful!
Look at the cute little mason jars and let marinade in the fridge!
After an hour or overnight in the fridge, your chimichurri sauce is ready to pair with the perfect dish!
Cheers from the heart