I must start this post with a recipe attribution since my very best friend, Kristie Flynn, and her roommates taught me this amazingly, yummy, fast dinner over FaceTime a few months back. I think I’ve made it at least 20 times since then… So thank you Kristie for showing me how to make this delicious Greek Flatbread!
Secondly, so very sorry for the lack of posts over the summer months. Working to schedule a better blogging routine and get yummies up here at a more frequent pace for you lovelies! Life’s been busy but thankfully these Greek Flatbreads have been a life (and time) saver this summer.
Now, this is your new go-to fast dinner after a long day at work… since all these ingredients you can always have on hand! The secret is that the flatbread is just store bought naan that can be frozen or kept in the pantry. All the other toppings are fridge staples! Let’s take a look at the recipe below.
- Naan (1 naan per person)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Spreadable Garlic (Yes, the stuff from the tube ;) )
- Feta Crumbles
- Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- Kalamata Olives
- Artichoke Hearts
- Red Onion
- Sliced Red Peppers
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place naan on your baking sheet (I do mine in my iron skillet). Spread olive oil and garlic to taste on top of the naan and place in oven for 3 minutes when it is pre-heating.
- The most work you need to do for this recipe is open all our jars and cheese containers!
- Chop up desired amount of red onion to top your flatbread with.
- Chop artichokes and pepperoncinis into smaller bites if desired.
- Start to build your flatbread after the flash pre-heat of the oil and garlic. Start with feta, red onion, olives, artichokes, red peppers, and pepperoncini. Top with mozzarella.
- Remember you can pick and choose how much and which options you want, that's the fun of the flatbread!
- Place flatbread in the heated oven for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top.
- Pairs nicely with a glass of wine and a FaceTime date with an old friend.
The secret to this flatbread… is buying naan from your local grocery store! You can usually find it in the bakery section with the store made breads. Store in the freezer if you don’t get thru the whole pack!
If you don’t already have these items in your fridge, then go to the store now! Ok, maybe not right this very moment, but all of these should be staples in your fridge or pantry for a quick dinner or snack!
Time to doctor up that naan with a little garlic and EVOO. Stick it in the pre-heating oven for a few minutes to get a bit more stability/ flavor/ toastiness for the ingredients that you are about to put on there.
Naan has a bit of color on it now (and I don’t just mean that toasty glow from the pre-heating oven 😉 ). Top the flatbread to your taste..
Go ahead, have fun, get a little crazy with those toppers/ yummies
Annnnnnnd after the cheese gets all melty and those toppers warm up, this is your finished product.
Enjoy your flatbread and cheers from the heart,