Who doesn’t love pasta??
Who doesn’t love bacon??
Who doesn’t love asparagus?? OK… I know a number of people that don’t like the this green veggie. But it so yummy in this pasta!
Here is the deal. A lot of nights I get home late after work, realize it is dinner time and scramble to find something to eat. To be completely honest -this was one of those nights but dinner turned out to be delicious!
So I look around the kitchen and start assessing what is on hand to cook. Alright what to cook…..
Grains? Check – Farfalle noodles.
Meat? Check – Bacon.
Something somewhat healthy? Check – Asparagus! Let’s make pasta, baby!
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1 bunch of asparagus (cut into 3rds - only using top ⅔rds)
- 2 pats of butter
- 1 box of farfalle noodles
- ¼ cup white wine
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start boiling water for noodles and warm up your iron skillet.
- Brown bacon. Drain most of the skillet (leaving a good coating of oil on the bottom) and set bacon to the side. Chop into fine pieces.
- Throw in the asparagus and start to cook with the butter melting on top.
- **Start cooking noodles if you haven't already - I made mine a bit too early so poured some of the bacon grease on top of them to keep them from drying and sticking together.
- Pour in wine into skillet and let cook off for about 2-3 minutes. Add in chicken stock and heavy cream, bacon as well as the seasoning. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat.
- After about 5 minutes on low heat stir in noodles.
Nom nom asparagus!
Dinner is ready!!!
Cheers from the heart,