Good morning! Need a healthy, fulling, and scrumptious breakfast to help you get to the weekend?? Well this brussels sprouts breakfast hash is calling your name!
I am not going to lie… I am a bit obsessed with brussels sprouts… in addition to having a few left over potatoes from the evening before, the idea of combining the delicious brussels sprouts and potatoes in some ground beef into the iron skillet was easy and really hit the spot for breakfast! Then top it off with a fried egg and you can do anything today!!
- 1 Cup Chopped Brussels Sprouts
- 1.5 Cups Chopped New Potatoes (Gold, purple, or sweet potatoes also work!)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ lb Ground Beef
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Egg
- Warm up your skillet to medium heat while you are chopping your potatoes and brussels sprouts. (My potatoes were already roasted from the night before so chop in finer pieces so that they cook faster if your potatoes are raw.)
- Place olive oil in the skillet and then place the brussels sprouts and potatoes in the warm skillet for 5-8 minutes or until brown.
- Add in the ground beef and seasoning (garlic powder, hot sauce, S&P). Let brown with your other veggies in the skillet for about 10 minutes.
- You can start heating up another skillet for your fried egg or use the same skillet once your beef is browned. Cook egg to preferred order style (I recommend over easy or sunny side up).
And here are those little green beauties!
Combine your veggies in the warm skillet!
Add in your ground beef!
All cooked and ready for the cherry on top, oh, I mean fried egg!
Ready to eat! Hope you enjoy
Cheers from the heart,