Ohhhhh brussels sprouts <3 How I love you!!
These brussels sprouts are lemony, garlicy, and have a hint of hot sauce. There a lots of people out there that hate brussels sprouts (*cough, cough – my little brother)…… But I challenge you to at least try these out and hopefully leave with a different perspective of brussels sprouts.
Now before we get too far in I do want to say that this post is dedicated to my best friend, Kristie, since these are her VERY FAVORITE. I am not sure how many time I have had to text her the recipe while I am assuming she is at the grocery store picking up something for dinner. I truly hope you enjoy them as much as she does!!
- 3-4 Tbs. butter
- Brussels Sprouts
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- Dash of Lawry's Seasoning
- 4 drops of Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 Lemon
- (Parmesan is optional)
- Warm your skillet to medium heat (iron skillet is recommended)
- Chop your garlic and throw into the skillet with 2 tbs. butter.
- While the garlic browns start cutting your brussels sprouts in half and throw out the outside skin.
- Add in the sprouts as they are cut (if your garlic starts to turn brown take the skillet off the heat until all the sprouts are cut). Add in the remaining butter (1-2 tbs. depending on how many brussels there are) and put back on heat.
- Let the brussels sprouts simmer and turn brown. While browning add seasoning to taste, hot sauce and squeeze juice of one lemon on top.
- Brussels Sprouts should be a golden brown and crispy on the outside (cook time 5-10 minutes)
- Top with parmesan if you feel so inclined :)
As always… it all starts with butter in an iron skillet
Oh! Now there is the stars of this show!
Chop, chop that garlic!
Break down those sprouts!!
Time to get those little guys in the skillet with the garlic!
Why not add a little seasoning and kick to those sprouts??
Lemon those babies up <3
And now your healthy veggie side is ready to be paired with your chicken/ salmon dinner. Enjoy!
Cheers from the heart,